The combination of mental illness and drug addiction is a frightening reality for many people in the United States. It is reported that, at least half of the Americans said to have serious mental illness also have an addiction problem. Treatment of mental illness is already difficult. An addiction factoring into the equation only makes the situation more difficult.
Dual diagnosis treatment was created to address concerns of both mental illness and substance abuse. Many mental health patients often experience various dual diagnosis conditions, which are addressed at a rehab center, such as:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive compulsory behavior
- Eating disorders
Often, a holistic drug treatment is used to treat these dual diagnosis conditions. Most of the Holistic rehab centers address these issues through spiritual, emotional, and mental therapies. The holistic drug treatments teach the patients stress management techniques which help them prevent relapses.
How Dual Diagnosis Treatment Works
Holistic rehab centers typically offer the following treatments to help Dual Diagnosis patients:
- Art therapy – Uses creation of art to encourage and improve emotional and mental health.
- Dialect behavioral therapy – Removes or decreases self-destructive and negative thoughts, which encourages individuals to change their negativity to positivity.
- Forgiveness therapy – Encourages patients to express their emotions freely. It teaches them to learn to let go of their ill-feelings and experiences. Often, this technique assists in healing the spirit and the mind.
- Reprocessing and desensitization movement therapy – Is used with mental patients whose trauma has continuously affected their lives. It reduces constant negative and destructive thoughts of their bad experiences, and helps them develop a mechanism of coping with such thoughts.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – Enables patients to learn how to change their negative thoughts and behaviors and adopt positivity.
What is Holistic Drug Treatment?
Holistic drug treatment involves the recovery of the whole body. The objective of holistic drug treatment is to assist the entire person—not just the addressing addictions displayed by the physical symptoms. When the problems are addressed without focusing on the entire health of patients, truly successful recovery is more difficult to achieve.
Just Believe Recovery Center can help mental and drug addict patients deal with traumatic experiences, feelings of shame and guilt, and issues of low esteem. The entire staff at Just Believe provides intensive and personal care, which helps start healing process and allow patients progress to recovery and self-appreciation. Our experienced therapists support patients in adopting coping techniques and guide them in selecting health habits and perspectives.
If someone you love needs treatment for a combination of addiction and mental health issues, don’t delay any longer. Just Believe is dedicated to helping Dual Diagnosis patients reclaim their lives once again. Contact us today so that we can discuss creating a treatment plan that enables your loved one to reclaim his or her life.